Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Moving right along

Good grief, can't believe that I gave up the ship again so easily. Not sure this blogging thing is for me. I would love to become part of the blogging quilting community that I read so many blogs from, but not sure how to break into that. Need to get pictures on here some how I know. I enjoy their sharing of pictures, thoughts and help but its not something that seems to just happen.

Mailed the blue and yellow strip quilt to my sister......long story there but, it was beautiful when finished and I had a hard time parting with it. She is not happy with me at the moment and that made it harder because I made it with such love for her. Oh well, she seemed pleased and that was that. Once it leaves my hands it is not mine any more and I must move on. (kind of like having kids move on).

Finished the scrappy strip quilt and it is in the RV. We used it this weekend on our camping trip and it was so nice and warm. I really like the idea of the muslin foundation layer adding to the bulk of the quilt. I have started one from all the bright strips I had left over from another quilt and looking forward to another one. I think I will do the braided border like Bonnie shows on her new quilt pattern on her site. (quiltville).

Also trying to embrodiery some things. I haven't done this for 40 years!! I made a set of kitchen towels before we were married and a few other things but then moved on. I did lots of counted cross stitch. Anyway, would like to do some redwork although I do like using lots of colors too. Need a hand project for the RV and vacation. I might make some Christmas things to sell for extra cash in Dec.

I will try to get better at this blogging thing.....pictures some day I promise.

Gratitudes

a supportive husband

a supportive family

sugar free OREO'S

lots of little grape tomatoes fresh from the vines

home grown cucumbers

No comments: