Monday, February 4, 2008

The End of the Rainbow

It is wet, dark, cold and down right nasty here in the Valley Of the Sun today. It was raining when I got up and has been raining off and on all day. About two I looked out and it was really dark and nasty, they say on the news that the worst is yet to come.

Ugh, my mood seems to match the weather. The great white hunter is cranky too. It is just a day to wrap in a quilt, be lazy and eat all the stuff you aren't supposed to eat!

I bundled up in my hoodie sweatshirt, put on my old shoes and trudged off to the mailbox, hoping that the mailman brought a new magazine or something. After I got the mail out of the box and turned around, this is what I saw.




You know, you can find good in everything if you just take the time to look for it. I didn't see it going to the mailbox because my head was down. I had to look up crossing the street and there you are! The rainbow was a full one, I just couldn't get a picture of the ends. If you look close, there is a second one behind the side rainbow. Isn't it great?

8 comments:

Amelia said...

Made you smile - didn't it?

Maybe you did not find a pot of gold - but who knows - you might some day.

Amanda said...

Hi, I found your blog the other day because I was look through blog that listed quilting. I was born in AZ. but I moved to IN. 16 years ago.
My grandparents lived out there until
2 years ago. One of the thing that I loved to see when I visited were the rainbows, I think they are more common there than they are back here. It rains more here but it takes so long for the sun to come out that we don't get a lot of rainbows.
I have really enjoyed reading you blog!
Amanda

Belvie said...

Nice pictures and I can see both rainbows! Hope seeing those brightened your day.

Kristie said...

That is such a beautiful photo! Glad it cheered you up!!
Kristie

Saska said...

Rainbows are always pretty.

Hazel said...

What beautiful pics.Could you send it my way , all I see is snow and more snow .It certainly brightened my day

Katie said...

What a lesson. We miss so much with our heads down. Just turn around and look up. I did today and found a beautiful sky even if no rainbow.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Norma. The rainbow is lovely and a good reminder that the sun is still shining, somewhere!