Sunday, July 29, 2007

Heat and Humidity

When I was at the grocery store this afternoon, there was a homeless
(I think) man out front. He had a pillow and two back packs and was dozing on the concrete in the shade outside the store. It's really miserable and to be out in it like that just pulls at your heart strings and makes you count your many blessings. I bought a big bottle of water and gave it to him on my way to the car. He gave me a big smile and said "Thank you!" I got much more out of it though as I drove to my air conditioned home in my air conditioned car full of groceries for my family. I will NOT complain about the heat today or tomorrow either!! I would like to say I will never complain again but, sadly, I am human.

Gratitude's

My circumstance in life...........if I just give thanks for that today as much as I should its plenty.

2 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

When I walk into work each morning, I see lots of homeless. I often wonder what "they" think of "us", all duded up and hurrying around disappearing into our concrete day-homes. Their biggest concern is to find the choicest spots to roll out the sleeping bag in the park across the street. I can see them snoozing from my 9th floor window where I worked 52 hours last week. Makes me wonder just exactly WHO is happier!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Go read www.thepioneerwoman.com she has an awesome post today (oh, they are good EVERY day!).