Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Real Reason

I confess, the real reason that not much is being accomplished around my corner of the world is thanks to the below pic. Sunday night my dd handed me a stack of books as we left her house, and she told me that she really enjoyed this one.

I like some of what Stephen King writes but haven't read anything of his in a long time. So I started to read a few pages just to see. (forgetting the book I was already reading, of course).

One thing I must say about Mr King's writing.........he uses more words to describe the smallest detail that anyone I have ever read. Granted, it is very well done and he paints a beautiful, clear picture for his reader with those words, but after a few pages you understand why his books are so stinking thick! It is good, I guess. I can bury my nose way down deep and not see the things I SHOULD be doing!

1 comment:

QuiltingFitzy said...

My world stops for a good book too!

And don't think we can't see the JoAnn's coupon sticking out of the book.