Friday, April 4, 2008

Sore Hands!

We are expecting company next week. A gal that we both went to High School with and have not seen for 40 years, will be here on Tuesday. We have kept in touch all these years with Christmas cards, then email.

She will be sleeping in our guest room which the rest of the time is my sewing room. So I have been working on making it seem more like a bedroom. I have been wanting to make a quilt for the day bed in that room for a long time and this visit seemed to be the reason. The red and white disappearing nine patch will go in there. So, I have been frantically working to get it basted, tied and now put the binding on. And my poor hands are so sore! I seem to work better with a goal in mind but do hate deadlines! Why do I do this? I do every year at Christmas and end up frantic.

So, back to my binding after I take something for the sore hands. I am almost done, then need to make some simple pillow shams. Oh, and add a label on the spot on the backing that got nipped when I was sewing the backing together. After that I will put my sewing machine away for a few days and give my hands a rest.

3 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Do you tie all your quilts?

I sure do hope it's not too large, or your tender little fingers will be bleeding by the time your done.

I hope you have a wonderful visit and I'm sure the quilt will turn out fantastic.

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

Finn said...

Hi Norma, can't wait to see the bed all made up with the new red and white quilt *VBS* What a lucky friend!
Haven't taken your spekking test as yet(hehehe) saving something to have on Friday night....LOL
Big hugs, Finn

Amelia said...

Pictures must be in the next post of this new quilt!!!!

Enjoy the time with your friend...then tell us what all you did while she was there.

Amelia in Oklahoma