Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yuck!

I have the "blahs". No motivation to do anything and the day seems really long. I feel like I am pushing through a fog.

DD says it is the let down from being busy to get ready for company, having the company and then, back to normal life. She may be right, I have been busy since Jan. when I made my resolution to de-clutter my life and my house. I could still do more but for the most part, cupboards, drawers, and closets are neat and tidy.

My idea was if I got better control over the house work part of my life, I would have more time and motivation to quilt. Okay, so now that I can, how come I don't want to get up off my you know what and go do it? I even have a list with the things I want to finish all in order.........last week I was excited about this, today, its not looking so great. "sigh"

5 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I find it weird. The more I have going on other than what I want to do, the less I get done.

Sometimes, all we need is to sit back, take a break and re-organize the priorities.

I hope you get past the duldrums soon.

Joan J said...

I've had these same kind of days. The best idea is to recognize it early in the day and just "give in" and not do a blessed thing. Call it a mental health day. If you let go of the guilt you can really enjoy such a day now and then!

Amelia said...

We all have those type days - or at least I believe we do.

Tomorrow may be better or at least next week. Just enjoy the down time - perhaps your body is telling you to take it easy for a day or two.

Hugs from Oklahoma xoxox

Belvie said...

I have times like that too. Keep your list somewhere easy to find and tell yourself it is OK to go for a while without a project. Then just relax and sit on your "you know what" until that sewing/quilting urge hits you again. I would say you have spring fever...but it sounds like you guys are already experiencing summer....so we'll call it summer fever!!

Katie said...

How would we know we are having a wonderful day, if we didn't have the yucky ones to compare it to?