Friday, November 9, 2007

Thank You to Our Veterans


In honor of Veteran's Day, here is a picture of my husband's hard earned Air Force Stripes. He served almost 23 years and is a Vietnam veteran. It was not a easy life, we spent a lot of time apart, have a son who was 8 months old before his Daddy even saw him. It was our choice, what we believed in and I am proud of him on this special day.

My father and his father and our oldest son also served our country. My prayers are with the families of so many young men who are serving our country now. My heart goes out to the mother's and father's, the wives and children, who wait for their safe return. I wish them a safe return and the support of their country while they serve.

1 comment:

QuiltingFitzy said...

See? Another thing in common!

My hubby was Air Force too, stationed in Japan '71-79.

My father was Air Force during the Korean War.

My daughter is Army, expecting to be shipped out next November.

I have no idea where we'd be without our Veterans. They have my love and respect.