Sunday, December 2, 2007

Blah!

I am normally a pretty upbeat person, belive that what happens, happens for a reason. I try to focus on the good things in my life rather than the bad, and have a "pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again" outlook on the downside of things. But for some reason, the past few days have been miserable emotionally. Tears are very near to the surface and the least little thing, sends me into a blue funk! I am carrying the entire world on my shoulders here and it is way heavy.

Not sure if it is the weather or just that time of year when you feel more emotional pain for the misery of the world in general. The holidays can be a major high or a major low when you look around you and know that there are so many who are just struggling to get through each day, forget about 24 days from now.

It's been cool and rainy but I have loved that so don't think that is it......sure will be glad when it passes though and I can get back to my happy go lucky self here.

We were busy today with the grand kids and will be at their birthday party tomorrow. I have several projects that I am working like crazy on and that does help. Keeps me from drowning in my thoughts. Just crossing my fingers that when I wake up in the morning, my mental sun is shining again!

Haven't included gratitudes for a long time but today I really need lots!

A sweet hubby who worked on hanging lights out front before he went to work almost every morning this week.

Reading Christmas books with the grand kids.

Good friends

Special children and their husband/wife

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I too suffer from holiday blues. Mine comes from letting my expectations get the better of me.

Communication has been my saving key. Dh and talk continuously about not buying anything special for Christmas for each other, we buy during the year as we want/need it. Expensive car repairs and a new dishwasher are wonderful gifts to us.

Try giving to someone else during the season. Buy some hats and donate them, knit a scarf and send it to the city YMCA. Something that will make someone else's life a bit brighter.

Many hugs~

Belvie said...

(((((Big Hug))))))!!
Here's hoping the blues leave quickly!

I do understand your feelings though. I get that way at various times...not only the holidays. Sometimes I think it is my body's defense to the hectic life these days.

Finn said...

Sunday evening now Norma, and I hope that things are looking better. Not always an easy task. I too have problems of a similar nature, and am so happy to say I'm in about the best place I've been in over a year.
Not sure if I can hang onto it, but I'm really, really working at it. Keeping busy, and not letting myself dwell on things I can't change. Sending big hugs, you've got a friend! Hugs, Finn