Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MEME

I told Cheri at Jovaliquilts that I would do this meme. I think there are a whole new generation of bloggers out there who missed this kind of thing first time around, so I will tag a few I think are interested. Please, if I tag you and you don't want to do it, no problem, just ignore the tag. If I didn't tag you and you are interested, let me know and I will. The more of us who play along, the more fun we have so please join us!

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?


I was working as a first grade reading instructional assistant. Loved the job and the kids but big changes were ahead. The great white hunter and I were enjoying a empty nest and living the good life.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? (not in any particular order):

Clean the bathrooms, pay some bills, cook dinner, work on my rag rug and post this meme.

3. Snacks I enjoy:

Two and a half years ago, I would have answered cookies and more cookies. Then came the news that I have type 2 diabetes. Now my snacks are whatever I can fit into my day that will not raise my blood sugar out of range. I have fruit, small amounts of sugar free items, sugar free ice cream or popcorn.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

First and foremost, take care of my family. Then I would build a vacation/retirement home for the great white hunter and I to enjoy, along with taking some dream trips with him. I would concentrate my charity efforts on teaching adults to read as well as providing children's books for schools and libraries in our area. If you can read well, the entire world is yours!

5. Places I have lived:

I married a military man at age 19 so we moved every four years for a long time.

Colorado (birth place)

California

Utah

Germany

Illinois

Texas

Arizona, where we have been for 20 some years. We really didn't come to stay but we did and the kids are settled here, so I think we will stay. (and when it hits 115 degrees next month, we will again ask WHY?)


Now, remember if you aren't interested, just ignore the tag........Beth, Amelia, Carol, Lyn, Katie, Finn. Please if you want to play along........let me know!

I tried to do the questions in bold face type. My original says it is there but it does not show on the final post. I tried is all I can say about that one.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Interesting! We've lived in a lot of the same places. :)

Patty said...

Hi Norma -- I finally did the Scattergories tag that I found on your blog awhile ago. I'd do this one too if I could remember what I was doing ten years ago. :)

Beth said...

Norma,

Thanks for the tag. I will get to do it..but not till after the family outing...hehehehehe Beth